Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 switches between WiFi and 4G constantly

This has been an ongoing problem with my iPhone where I will be using it normaly on WiFi, then all of a sudden, the status bar shows it reverts to 4G. With full strength of WiFi, I don't think this should be happening. The other thing is that if I go into the WiFi Settings, it will show I am connected to my wireless network, but the status bar will show up still with 4G. This gets annoying if halfway through streaming a video it toggles between WiFi and 4G, thus buffering the entire video again. I have the new AirPort Extreme in a location free from interference and have already had AT&T U-verse replace and rewire my Gateway (modem). Could this be a software issue or hardware?

iPhone 5, Other OS, iOS 7 Beta 2

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 9:28 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2013 9:17 AM in response to Spongeman1022

Hello,

Sorry for not replying, Just to confirm what the problem is, I'd suggest to look around the house if you have another Sim card or try a Sim card from a family member or a friend to see if the problem keeps happening.

Or you could visit your carrier store, explain what the problem is, and they MIGHT replace the Sim card [Charges MAY apply.

If no solution is found, or another option would be to go to the Apple store and they might replace the phone if it still has a warranty on it.

Let me know for any updates

iPhone 5 switches between WiFi and 4G constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.