Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number of Songs Available

Genius needed to help please. Have noted that on different iTunes Libraries under the same Apple Id, the number of Songs available listed at the end of the iTunes Match process is different. On one library the total reads 3944, on another 3962 - surely they should be the same?

Any help much appreciated ...

iTunes 10-OTHER, Windows 7, iTunes 11

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 10:07 AM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2013 10:38 PM in response to mracole

I don't have a good answer for you, since I've never seen this particular information mismatch. I've only got one laptop and a couple of iOS devices. I don't really pay attention to what that screen shows me as being "in the cloud." But here's something that may help. Create a smart playlist with the following criteria:

User uploaded file

This will tell you exactly how many songs are in each library. They should match up on both computers.

Jun 29, 2013 6:18 AM in response to mracole

So the results are:

Desktop Smart Playlist: 3946 Desktop iTunes Match: 3953

Laptop Smart Playlist: 3946 Laptop iTunes Match: 3953

Beatunes on Laptop: 3946

Conclusion: iTunes Match requires some time (12 hours overnight in this instance) to give a stable result on library content. Beatunes had been running on the laptop in concert with iTunes (iTunes Match enabled).

Assertion: iTunes Match has to be hosted in a distributed form to allow for the massive parallel processing to support the user community. The replication of consistent information across the respective servers / datacentres needs time. It is quite possible that the desktop and laptop had affiliated to separate Apple computing resource.

Outcome: Worth not being alarmed by apparent minor variation in iTunes Match results on Song count. For my library 3946 is an accurate count of the number of Songs, 3953 accounts for other items and a few potential songs with iCloud Status other than Matched, Purchased or Uploaded.

Number of Songs Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.