Here are some answers I hope may help you for some of your questions:
1) When you first purchase a device it will have you go through a set-up assistant. One of the first questions will ask you what language you would like for your iPad; you would be able to select dutch as language.
2)Yes you can download app directly through your iPad on the App store that comes pre-installed on the device.
3)To access Dutch app store you will want to change your account settings and change the region. To do this:
- Tap Settings on the Home screen.
- Tap iTunes & App Stores.
- Tap on your Apple ID. (If you are not signed in, enter your Apple ID and password, and tap Sign In.)
- Tap View Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Once signed in it will allow you to choose different regions.
4) You can now download european/dutch apps as long as you have changed the region on your apple ID. **Note: some apps are only offered in specific regions**