Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 10.8.4 and first generation Apple TV not on speaking terms

I am running 10.8.4 and I have a first generation Apple TV. When I purchased my new iMac last month, the person in the store indicated I would still be able to use my 1st gen. Apple TV. iTunes 11.0.4 does not recognize that I have an Apple TV.

I have read about checking the system preferences in both iTunes and the OS preferences and the firewall. I do not see Apple TV listed anywhere in those preference paynes as described.

If someone would be able to help me figure this out I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you, my family is missing our Apple TV.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 2:18 PM

5 replies

Jul 23, 2013 12:39 AM in response to Alley_Cat

Which settings Alley-Cat?

My first generation Apple TV was synced to an older computer ( currently use OSX 10.8.4 ) via Ethernet. I no longer have an internet, movie or podcast connection ... reset settings with IP address etc and the message is ... ' TO SWITCH TO ETHERNET CONNECT AN ETHERNET CABLE TO YOUR APPLE TV'!! Strangely, my itunes photo and music library's are still connected.

I have been trying to sort this matter for over a year and have really given up.

OS 10.8.4 and first generation Apple TV not on speaking terms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.