Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and now, though I have the icon for idvd and the bar at the top of the page, it won't open. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and now, though I have the icon for idvd and the bar at the top of the page, it won't open. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 2:02 PM

5 replies

Jun 28, 2013 3:23 PM in response to nikkers08

Try this basic troubleshooting fix:

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete IDVD'S cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD folder.

User uploaded file

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

Jul 1, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Old Toad

I have been using iDVD in Mountain Lion just fine, burning 5 dvd's for a big project last week. I just did software update 10.8.4 and now my iDVD launches, but no project window. I've tried the DVD project I just created last week, and tried creating new ones. The icon sort of "blinks" but does not open my project. I could not find the com.apple.iDVD folder or .plist even with spotlight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.