Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting WMA AudioBooks on to iPad

It is my understanding that Mac does not support WMA AudioBooks ( only MP3). So, what is one to do? I have been working with my local County Library Resource Guru and she has provided a guideline on how to get a WMA AudioBook oto an iPad. But the procedure involves loading a WMA AudioBook onto a PC and using Overdrive Media Console to convert the WMA AudioBook to a format acceptable for an iPad. #1, I do not own a PC. I have a G3( with G4 upgrade) B/W PPC desktop ( OSX 10.4.11) and a MacBook 2,1 laptop ( Mac OSX 10.6.9, which I use to sync my music to my iPad ).

I have noticed a number of WMA to MP3 Converters on the web. Do they work? and which one would you recommend or is there a better way o get a WMA AudioBook onto my iPad (3rd Gen, IOS 6)? There must be Mac Users out there that are running ino the same problem as I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 5:16 PM

I think you will have trouble. A G3 is pretty old having come out in 2003. You will have to check those convertors to see if they run on PPC Macs.

Found one but I cannot couce for the source: http://www.downsoft.com/mac/mac-audio-and-video/mac-converters/switch-audio-file -converter-software-mac-ppc-28657.html

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2013 5:16 PM in response to Darrell R Coe

I think you will have trouble. A G3 is pretty old having come out in 2003. You will have to check those convertors to see if they run on PPC Macs.

Found one but I cannot couce for the source: http://www.downsoft.com/mac/mac-audio-and-video/mac-converters/switch-audio-file -converter-software-mac-ppc-28657.html

Jun 29, 2013 9:51 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

Alfred,

I am well aware that the G3 is pretty old. I purchased it just after having a Stroke, but being on a limited income, I am unable to upgrade to the most modern Macs, so I depend on searching for good values ( that does not mean a PC) for finding a Mac, which I have found none since Apple never lowers their prices and beside my G3 has served me well and does what I need it to do. If I can locate a converter, do you what is the procedure to get it to get it to iTunes and my iPad?

Jun 29, 2013 10:12 AM in response to Darrell R Coe

You can download 3rd party Media players onto the iPad and transfer the WMA books directly onto the App.

Apps such as Moli Player can handle a wide variety of formats including WMA. Best of All Moli Player is free.

You can use iTunes File sharing feature to copy the WMA files directly into the Moli Player App on the iPad, no conversion is needed.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

You can find Moli Player in the iPad's App Store.

Jun 29, 2013 4:23 PM in response to Phil0124

Phil ,

Thanks for your input, including the Moli Player recommendation (being that was free). I was hoping this would be an easy task. But it seems like it is going into a BIG deal for just one book. I think I might just go for an Audio Disk. I think there was a workaround for PC users offered by OverDrive Media console, who pride themselves on the fact they want to make the experience easy for the user and they have nothing for the Mac. I wish Companies would realize that there are other users out there than PC Users.

Getting WMA AudioBooks on to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.