Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete old iPhone apps from iTunes

I want to remove old Apps from iTunes which I never liked and just want them gone.

I have a Macbook and iTunes 11.0.4

When I go to iTunes and Apps, it shows the apps with icons with options to Install or Remove. When I highlight an App and go to Edit to delete, Edit is greyed out so I can't remove it there.

I have seen some instructions on CNET and it shows a library down the left side of the iTunes page where my apps are but I don't know how to get to it.

I have highlighted the app and tried Delete, Cntrl Delete, Option Delete and nothing.

I know it can't be this hard so what am I missing?

Also, I do not use a mouse so I need trackpad instructions.

Thanks very much.

Mew

MacBook

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 6:32 PM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2013 6:40 PM in response to gail from maine

Hi Gail,

I have an iPhone. There are apps I installed which I never used but are still showing up in iTunes on my computer even though they are off my phone. I'm OCD and want them gone.

I just found out how to show the Side Bar and now I'm able to delete things.

Whew. Thanks for your help. It shouldn't have been this hard. I've been trying to figure this out for months!

Have a good weekend.

Mew

How do I delete old iPhone apps from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.