Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY IPOD 5 NOT CHARGING

WELL RECENTLY I BOUGHT A IPOD 5 AND I TOOK IT TO MY SCHOOL CAMP AND MY BATTERY DIED SO WHEN I GOT BACK TO MY HOTEL ROOM I CHARGED IT IN THE POWER POINT AND YES I TURNED THE SWITCH ON BUT IT DIDN'T CHARGE WHEN I PRESSED THE HOME BUTTON IT SAID IT WAS BUT NOTHING HAPPEND I EVEN CHARGED IT OVERNIGHT (FOR 7 HOURS) AND IT STILL HAD NOT CHARGED BUT THE SIGN SAID IT WAS. (NOW THIS HAS HAPPEND ONCE AT MY DADS HOUSE AND HE SAID HIS CHARGER WAS PROBABLY BROKEN AND TO CHARGE IT WHEN I GOT TO MY MUMS AND THEN WHEN I GOT TO MY MUMS I CHARGED IT WITH MY CHARGER AND IT WORKED). SO WHEN I GOT BACK FROM MY CAMP I CHARGED IT WITH A DIFFERENT CHARGER AND IT STILL IS NOT WORKING SO I TRIED CHARGING IT ON MY MACBOOK PRO USING THE USB CABLE BUT ITS DOING THE SAME THING AND ITS BEEN SO CALLED CHARGING FOR 2 HOURS AND NOTHING WORKING PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANY ANSWERS COMMENT BELLOW IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IF NOT I WILL GO TO APPLE TOMORROW THANKS GUYS BYE

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 9:02 PM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2013 2:16 AM in response to APPLE USER 1234567890

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

MY IPOD 5 NOT CHARGING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.