Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 camera displying a red line-thing and blurry circles since it fell

Hi there,

This week I let my iPhone slip out of my hands and it fell. I was happy to see that the glass wasn't damaged, but when I took a photo later this week I noticed a strange red line on yhe left side in the middle and some strange greyish blurry circles on the left bottom.

This only occurs only when I use the camera on the back, on the front everything is fine.

Does anyone recognise this problem? And how can I solve this?

Kind regards,

Niek

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 12:32 AM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2013 5:01 AM in response to sNiek

I have the same weird red line (like cloth/string) on my iphone front camera. And it only appears on photos NOT in the video which is even more weird cause it is the same camera. On my camera it is at the edge of the screen and if a zoom in just a little bit it goes away.....it comes back though....disappointing

Jul 30, 2013 8:22 AM in response to sNiek

You dropped your iPhone ,it is inevitable that you may have damaged something inside iPhones are not designed to be dropped ,now you have issues with the camera as you probably would if you had dropped a digital camers

Live with it or go to an Apple Store genius bar and get an out of warranty exchange unit for $229 ,if in US .

iPhone5 camera displying a red line-thing and blurry circles since it fell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.