Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture not connecting to internet, Places no map showing

I am having problems using places on Aperture, no map is showing in places just a grey screen and I cant connect to my flickr account.

I've used Little Snitch in monitor mode only and Aperture doesnt seem to be making any attempts to connect to the internet. No settings on firewall/vpn seem to be effecting things, and I would have expected any attempt to show up in LIttle Snitch anyway.

I've deleted the preferences that I could find for the program (but not plugins), and I've reinstalled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 2:54 AM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2013 1:03 AM in response to Neil Turpin

Neil,

it may be a problem with the network, and not with Aperture, but it is hard to tell from your description. Some voodoo to try:

• Have you tried to turn Little Snitch completely? I had the problem in Aperture 3.3, and my maps started working again, after I unstalled Little Snitch.
  • A few posted reported, that simply turning off the Wi-Fi and turning it on again, made the maps show.

Léonie

Jun 30, 2013 2:19 AM in response to Neil Turpin

I've deleted the preferences that I could find for the program

How did you delete the preferences? In OS X 10.8.4 it my not suffice to delete the preferences, if you do not log off and on again before removing the preferences - MacOS X may keep the processes cached, even after quitting Aperture. Repeat it, but log off after quitting Aperture and before removing preferences.

Also, Aperture keeps copies of the preferences in the cache:

/Users/yourshortusername/Library/Containers/com.apple.Aperture/Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.Aperture/

We'll need more clues, to tackle this:

The problem has been ongoing for a long time.
  • What happened at that time? Did you upgrade? Migrate to a new computer? Install some thing?
  • Can Aperture connect to the map server, when you are using a different Aperture library? Try to create a new library by launching Aperture with the ⌥-key held down.
  • Can Aperture connect to the map server, when you are working from a different user account? Isolating an issue by using another user account
  • Can iPhoto access the map server?
  • Can you access Flickr and Google maps with Safari from outside Aperture?

Regards

Léonie

Aperture not connecting to internet, Places no map showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.