Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Install windows on Macbook Pro Early 2011 with SSD upgrade

Dear all,

A few months ago I had an SSD upgrade and I purchased a Caddy and installed my old HDD on it, and I also changed my Battery because the old one only lasted for 15 inutes after 40 cycles :O

Anyways when I insert a windows 7 or 8 x64 DVD in my USB Samsung DVD Drive, My mac book detects Windows (with the windows 7 DVD) and Detects Windows and EFI Boot (with Windows 8), I have tried every option of those doesn't work.

With EFI it just boots Mac

With Windows it boots to a screen with one blinking cursor top left and then it ejects the DVD ROM and that it :s

I do not know what is wrong :/

P.S. when i installed the SSD I had windows on the old drive it didn't work after the upgrade (this is what made me link both incidents).

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Replaced main HDD with SSD 256

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 4:08 AM

3 replies

Can't Install windows on Macbook Pro Early 2011 with SSD upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.