Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own Pages but the copy on my MB Air claims it is a Trial!

I own a boxed copy of IW 09 and have since, well, 09.

I need to edit a document on my Air and am in a different hemisphere from my desktop so I can't go and look up the code etc.

I'm pretty sure I have used this Air to edit many things and never had this issue because I am sure I installed it from my original disk.

The registration website says it is closed and offers no assistance for this particular solution, so I wondered if anyone here had any thoughts?

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 7:48 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2013 7:58 AM in response to KiwiMac

Getting the request for a serial number means that at some time you had the iWork ’09 trial installed. You need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD or the Mac App Store. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user. The easiest way to fix the problem is to use Yvan Koenig's AppleScript that removes the files. You can find it on his box.com account in for_iWork'09 > other_iWork'09 items > uninstall iWork '09.zip. Download uninstall iWork '09.zip, decompress it, open it in AppleScript Editor and click the Run button.

Apple's support article on the subject says it's due to having a copy of the trial that is a higher version that the one you've purchased, but I'm not sure that is very common. This problem started with Snow Leopard & it seems to be some code in the iWork installers that doesn't do what it should.

User uploaded file

I own Pages but the copy on my MB Air claims it is a Trial!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.