Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install apple loops?

When I clicked "Keyword Layout Reset" on the loops, all the beat loops (including all software loops) got deleted and I don't know how to get them back. How do I download them again?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 7:33 AM

12 replies

Jun 29, 2013 8:07 AM in response to marionetmat

Where did you click "Keyword Layout Reset"? Sorry, I do not understand.

Do you mean the "Reset" button in the search panel of the Loop Browser?

User uploaded file

That button will not / should not delete any loops, but just hide them.

Press again the blue button with the two notes to show the "Musical Button" view, and press the button "Beats". That should show the the beats again.

Check all filters:

• The top of the Loop Browser should only show "Loops", not "My Loops" or something.
  • Set "Scale" to "Any"
  • Check, if the project signature is set to an unusual value - like 12/8 - GarageBand does not have loops for this measure.
  • Click on the looking glass icon in the search field and disable "Filter for more relevant results".

Do you now see the loops again?

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Jun 29, 2013 8:17 AM in response to HangTime

They likely meant the reset button in preferences to reset all the button names/positions if you change them (which also would not delete any loops)

Thanks,

that makes more sense -

marionetmat's GarageBand seems to be completely messed up: SO much trouble and probably it is related -

Visual EQ and effects error as well as horn vibrato and pitch bending

Effects Windows Won't Open

Do you thinks a reinstall is advisable ?

Jul 1, 2013 1:55 AM in response to marionetmat

. I clicked on that and it deleted all of the software loops.

Try to restore the beat-button (and other buttons) by ctrl-clicking any of the buttons you do not need, and select the instrument you want:

User uploaded file

Yes, actually. After I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, GarageBand has been acting all weird lately. Maybe because when it was installing Mountain Lion, I might have turned off the computer while it was still installing by mistake!

If the above does not restore your beats, and you really think, that your system may be incomplete, I'd reinstall Mt. Lion: Boot into Recovery by holding down ⌘R while booting.

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

And afterwards reinstall GarageBand.

Léonie

How do I install apple loops?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.