Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone jack. Recording jack?

Ok, so i have a 2011 macbook pro and i want to hook up my turtle beach x32 wireless gaming headset. I bought a aux cord to hook up the sound from the computer wirelessly to my headset, i got that to work. But i want to record my voice and there is one problem. there is no recording jack that come on most computers. I need this jack very badly and im not sure if that is the exact name for it but i wanted to know if there is possibly another way to hook it up or if there is an external one i could somehow hook up to it. Thanks, please respond.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 12:57 PM

If this is the 13" MBP, the audio input and output jacks are combined in one.

The simplest solution, especially if you are just using this for your voice for gaming, is to get a USB microphone.

A more complicated (and more expensive) solution, if your microphone has an audio plug, is to get a USB audio interface. I have one which I use for recording, cost about $100. I do not know if there are some audio interfaces that you can use to combine the audio from your microphone with the audio going to your headset. I just did a brief google search and didn't come up with anything.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2013 12:57 PM in response to k3slasher

If this is the 13" MBP, the audio input and output jacks are combined in one.

The simplest solution, especially if you are just using this for your voice for gaming, is to get a USB microphone.

A more complicated (and more expensive) solution, if your microphone has an audio plug, is to get a USB audio interface. I have one which I use for recording, cost about $100. I do not know if there are some audio interfaces that you can use to combine the audio from your microphone with the audio going to your headset. I just did a brief google search and didn't come up with anything.

Headphone jack. Recording jack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.