Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Mac disabled after reboot

Hi,

i'm just wondering, why my Macbook often (after 2-3 boots) disables the Find My Mac iCloud setting?

Does anybody else have this problem, and does anyone have a fix for this?

best thanks

Free 4 Live

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 2:54 PM

10 replies

Jun 30, 2013 4:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

Did you even read what i was writing?!

I was talking about my MACBOOK!! And if you're able to read on, you would have seen, that I'm talking about a 15" Retina MacBook...

And.. why on earth should it help to reset my NVRAM, if the source seems to be a self reseting NVRAM, due to the always self disabling "Find My Mac" function?

I don't want to seem unthankful but... your slightly offensive post doesn't make me quite happy to answer friendly...

Jun 30, 2013 2:04 PM in response to Eric Root

welll... as i just said, the most probable source is the self reset of the NVRAM..

it often appears after the nv/pram reset, but that may just be by chance so... i really tried to reset NV/PRAM Avery often... sometimes it happens after the reset, sometimes it stays active!

It doesnt seem to be a problem with NVRAM or PRAM...

It's also happening with a clean reinstall of OSX (just did one yesterday..)

By the way... other than "written" in my first post i have OSX 10.8.4 on my MacBook...

Jul 11, 2013 11:10 PM in response to Free 4 Live

I guess noone has an idea to this "problem"?

But am i really the only one with a self disabling "Find My Mac" on a 15" Retina with 10.8.4?!

(by the way, reinstalling Mac OS didn't work either, that's why i finally started this conversation)

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WANTED!

Just for you to know:

Reseting PRAM/NVRAM or SMC doesn't help with that problem!

It's neither the source nor the solution for this!

Jul 29, 2013 3:08 AM in response to Free 4 Live

Free 4 Live,

I have this exact same problem and I have done plenty of research about it and have not been able to find a cure. Have you? I reset PRAM all the time and no it does not help. I have a MacBook early 2007 with 10.7.5. I actually had this problem all of a sudden two months ago. never had it before, but then I wiped my Mac completely clean last month and reinstalled Lion and i still have the same problem...which makes me wonder if its a hardware issue (???). After a few reboots, still, the Find My Mac turns off. I'm actually going to take it in tomorrow to the Apple store in Spokane and ask all about it. I originally thought maybe it had something to do with the "Little Snitch" software i have if you know what that is, but apparently it doesnt since i deleted it before i rebooted my computer and yet i still have the problem. i'll let you know if Apple can fix it unless you've already figured it out. let me know!

Jul 29, 2013 8:08 AM in response to gabetknox

Hi gabetknox,

i actually seem to have solved this now... but... I really don't have any clue how i did that... I just looked for it in my settings and it seems to be stable now! (had to set it last week the last time, and booted in BootCamp most of the time so...)

Actually the only thing i can remember to have changed is, that i disabled automatic login and set the password requirement after sleep! You may try to set it like this if you don't already have it like that!

Good Luck!

P.S.: If i remember some more changes, i'll let you know!

Find My Mac disabled after reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.