Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicating SMTP settings in Mail

I have four different email accounts with my ISP. They do not allow me to use a single SMTP server; that is, if I have

myname @myISP.com

adifferentname @myISP.com

anotheraddress @myISP.com

finalname @myISP.com

I can't simply use the SMTP settings for myname @myISP.comfor all four of them: I have to create SMTP servers for each and every one of those email accounts (if the email address doesn't match the User Name--i.e., adifferentname @myISP.com with myname & password--the SMTP server rejects it). Since the settings are identical except for the User Name, is there any way to simply duplicate an existing SMTP server setting and just change the user name info?

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 4:11 PM

9 replies

Jun 29, 2013 4:18 PM in response to Scott_R

You can use the same SMTP server, but not the same username and password if they are all different.

If you use the same ISP and server address, e.g., smtp.myisp.com, then you can duplicate that. But if the usernames are unique email addresses then your cannot duplicate those for each account.

You can try replicating one account fully, then edit the other accounts to change the relevant username, password, account name, and authentication (if required.)

Jun 29, 2013 4:35 PM in response to Scott_R

It's possible although I've never tried it myself, so I wouldn't attempt to provide instructions. It would probably take more time than just doing it the normal way.

Inasmuch as only one thing remains the same for each account, the SMTP server address, it's not that hard to re-enter it three more times as you configure each individual account.

Apr 1, 2015 5:34 AM in response to Kappy

Dear Kappy,

I have a similar problem. I was getting too much spam and created a new email account at GoDaddy. I have done this before but now when I try to set up the pop account the outgoing server works but the smtp will not work. I copied the exact setting I use for the first account. Tried taking everything offline and back, repaired permissions and now at wits end. I need your expertise.

Apr 1, 2015 5:44 AM in response to Csound1

Ok, let me be exact. I use GoDaddy as my ISP I have several email account created there. I have one set up on my apple mail and works fine. (ericn@love-usa.net). I opened a new account with the exact settings (enalven@love-usa.net) only the name different and passwords are different. All the same settings, SSL ports etc. One works the other not. OMG now my comcast.net account is also timing out!

Duplicating SMTP settings in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.