Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OWC RAM

I ordered my 1.83 Macbook from the Apple Store on june 6th. Also decided to get 2GB of RAM right from day one, but with RAM prices at Apple being as they are, the offer from OWC with a matched pair of 2GB for $225 sounded a lot better. Living in Denmark, I figured it best to order the RAM right away, that way MB and RAM should arrive about the same time. Estimated arrivel for the MB is june 22nd, but I think delivery time for the RAM must be a new world record.
Ordered RAM june 6 - 12:00 AM LT
Picked up by FedEx at OWC Illinois june 6 - 6:49 PM LT
Delivered in Denmark june 8 - 10:20 AM LT

I am amazed, what a service from OWC. I can only recommend that company on their customer service, to other Europeans who might worry about shipping time.

Only problem now is the wait for the MB to arrive.

Imac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 8, 2006 5:32 AM

6 replies

Jun 8, 2006 8:41 AM in response to Kork

I'll second (third?) the good sentiment about OWC. I originally looked to crucial for my MacBook RAM, but at least when I was ordering, the crucial price was nearly as high as the Apple price (I think it has since come down). OWC delivered quickly and the RAM works perfectly.

(Hardest RAM install I've ever made, though! Those chips are hard to seat.)

Jun 9, 2006 2:05 PM in response to Benoit Pelletier

Benoit

Every reseller sometimes ship a defective product,It happens.You can rest assured knowing that OWC has been selling and servicing Apple products for years.With MANY satisfied customers.In the rare case such as yours,that you do receive a defective part.They have and will continue to replace said part at no cost.They really are a good company with quality people,products and service.Hope this helps with your decision.

Jim

Legal Mumbo Jumbo...(Short version)No,I am not affiliated w/OWC.Just another Apple user trying to help another Apple user.

(Long version)Send me a self addressed,postage paid box and i'll mail you my Attorney,so he can read you the 5 page disclaimer. 🙂

PowerBook G3 500 Mhz "Pismo" (Wonna buy it so I can get a MacBook?) Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Jun 9, 2006 2:50 PM in response to Benoit Pelletier

I think most of the stories stem from two incidents -- first, they they sold a batch of RAM manufactured to the wrong specification for one of the earlier Aluminum Powerbooks; and more recently they had a number of bad customer incidents, several of which were resolved by the personal intervention of the owner, involving PowerLogix processor upgrades for desktop machines. From checking out the xlr8yourmac.com site it seems that a good many of the customer complaints with the PowerLogix fiasco resulted in part from customers not throwing in the towel on the defective cards until after the return period was up -- but on the other hand customers noted that OWC was also in the position of not just being a dealer but also having an ownership tie to PowerLogix. I believe OWC has since substantially improved the return policy and warranty on PowerLogix products.

I personally have had no difficulty with them and have used them without any trouble for several years. They've taken back a CD-RW drive (for refund) and processor upgrade (for exchange) that had compatibility problems, and their other stuff has been flawless, and always very good technical support by dealer standards. The main drawback as I see it is that while their prices have gone from roughly average to some of the best in the business, this improvement has been accompanied by a worsening of their return policy -- with the result that, unless otherwise stated in the product listing, there is a 15 percent restocking fee in the event of a return for a refund (though not for an exchange).

I use them because they are conveniently close by and they have very good selection and very fast shipping -- it's much more effective than most in terms of being a one-stop-shop for Mac upgrades. The return policy change however does lead me not to use them in situations where I am engaging in a more experimental purchase.

OWC RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.