Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture & File management

Hi everyone!

We recently d/l Aperture and looking for suggestions on file management and work flow ideas. We currently have all our pics and an external, mirrored, networked drive. We also have PS6 which resides on a mid 2010 MBP. Our file folders are consistent, i.e. 2010-05 Las Vegas. Aperture sees these folders no problem. Before I go in and screw things up, what do I want to do, if anything from here? We do want to do some folder clean up, tagging favorites for future editing, etc. (we have several thousand to go through).

So looking for any direction towards tutorials or if someone could offer some quick bullet points for first timers. Even better suggestions for file nomenclature and work flow from a days shoot. Greatly appreciated, thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 4:34 PM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2013 1:32 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Hi and thank you very much for the links. I think it helped. When you mention my method of file management to suit, do you mean how Aperture breaks it down to Master and Revisions and working with both of those?

If I follow the method in the tutorial in importing pictures already on my networked drive, it is my understanding that they can simply stay there on the drive while it creates the Revisions library on my MBP? If that is the case, is it possible to have both reside on the network drive to keep my laptop clean? It's 2Tb vs 250gb :)

Aperture & File management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.