Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Remote Desktop administrator software failed to start due to an unexpected error...

Hi all...

Suddenly, I'm getting this error message when I try to open ARD. It was working a week ago and I'm not aware of changing anything. Any advice?

This is the 3.6.1 version of the ARD admin and I have the 3.6.2 Client installed (that was the way it was before, too, when it was working).

Note: I did try a fix from the forums that was posted in 2009, which required deleting the ARDAgent from the RemoteManagement folder in System/Core Services... and then reinstalling again using the Apple ARD Admin download for same. It worked for one run of the program, then the error came back.

What do you guys think?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 3:06 AM

There are no replies.

The Remote Desktop administrator software failed to start due to an unexpected error...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.