Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i remove Launchpad F4 default shortcut.

The long and short of it is I've recently replaced my keyboard and now have the new wireless one which activates 'Launchpad' with F4. I want to use F4 to display 'Dashboard' as it was before on my 2010 keyboard. I currently have dashboard set to F6 to get around this but I want to have my F4 'Dashboard' shortcut back.

Is there any way to do this?

Setting Dashboard up as F4 in mission control settings does nothing a this key is obviously bound to launch pad by default on this keyboard. I'm guessing I have to delete the original F4 shortcut somehow first? But how?

Thanks in advance peeps!

James

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 9:28 AM

To answer my own question.

I wanted to swap the Launchpad button to Dashboard.

New keyboards have this hard coded and they can't be changed in the system preferences.

I downloaed this software for free (which initially looks like it only works on macbooks but i can confirm it works on a late 2010 iMac):

https://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

Ticked "Launchpad to Dashboard" after searching for launchpad, now all is back as it should be for me.

Hope this helps other people.

James

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2013 9:28 AM in response to Opticon12000

To answer my own question.

I wanted to swap the Launchpad button to Dashboard.

New keyboards have this hard coded and they can't be changed in the system preferences.

I downloaed this software for free (which initially looks like it only works on macbooks but i can confirm it works on a late 2010 iMac):

https://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

Ticked "Launchpad to Dashboard" after searching for launchpad, now all is back as it should be for me.

Hope this helps other people.

James

User uploaded file

How do i remove Launchpad F4 default shortcut.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.