Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to write in arabic in pages on Mac ?

All the previous answers were old, does pages support arabic language now ? we are in 2013 come on 😢

MacBook Air, iOS 6.1.4, arabic

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 10:24 AM

10 replies

Jun 30, 2013 10:57 AM in response to shaden_aa

Pages has bugs that make it unsuitable for RTL scripts for most purposes. Instead you should use Mellel (the best), or TextEdit, Nisus Writer, or OpenOffice.

MS Word for Mac does not support Arabic at all.

The same question was asked here 2 days ago:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5133823?tstart=30

To tell Apple you want this fixed, use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jul 18, 2013 12:53 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom,

I've been looking through the threads to learn about using Arabic in Word on Mac and you seem to be the most knowledgeable on the subject. It's a hot topic at summer intensive Arabic programs all over the country and abroad. Thanks for all your help!

I've used the feedback link you recommended in your prior post but haven't heard anything from Apple - yet. Do you know if there is any plan for a fully Arabic-compatible version of Word for Mac in the works?

Jul 18, 2013 2:41 AM in response to PBnJ9

PBnJ9 wrote:

I've used the feedback link you recommended in your prior post but haven't heard anything from Apple - yet. Do you know if there is any plan for a fully Arabic-compatible version of Word for Mac in the works?

Apple doesn't respond to feedback, and there is no way to know if or when they will finally fix the RTL bugs in Pages after 8 years of requests.

As for Word for Mac, that has nothing to do with Apple, so you will have to ask MicroSoft. Personally I am not optimistic that the next version will support Arabic, even after 13 years of requests.

Aug 29, 2013 1:51 PM in response to shaden_aa

The little dirty secret is the Fonts. Some fonts support arabic and some dont unlike in Windows.

Why? I have no idea, but it works well with all word documents. Just keep trying the fonts one by one until you succeed.

Hope this puts an end to all arabic typing issues with Mac, Microsoft and all word softwares.

Hope Apple and Microsoft sees my comment and take the necessary changes. Thanks.

Aug 29, 2013 2:16 PM in response to Alaiddeen Hammoodi

Alaiddeen Hammoodi wrote:

it works well with all word documents. Just keep trying the fonts one by one until you succeed.

Please use the camera icon to provide a screenshot showing correct Arabic in Word for Mac, with the name of the font showing as well. That is really great news, but you are the only person I know of who is able to do this.

MS itself agrees if you ask them that MS Word for Mac does not support Arabic (or any Indic script).

The only partial exception I know of is if you get a MS Word for Windows document where they have embedded the Arabic font it may work when opened in MS Word for Mac.

how to write in arabic in pages on Mac ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.