Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Photostream a back-up?

So my ipad mini was restore last week via ITunes because my password isn't working.

I'm so frustrated and I swear I remember my pass code because My screen is lock every minute.

The next day, I enter my pass code and it isn't working anymore and there is no way my little brother change it because its locked so my ipad was disabled after a couple of attempts.

Then, I can't backup my files anymore so I decided to restore it since I don't have much important things except for the photos.

When I thought everything was deleted, I check my camera roll and its empty but my photostream still have some of my photos.

As I estimated at least 60% of my photos are still stored , but I didn't copy anything before.

So is photostream a backup? If yes why does it only save random picture? I mean not all my photos are there. If I have 300 , only 100 was there.

And lastly, idk about the connection of photo stream and iCloud?

Help me pls.... Thank you.

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Photostream is not a backup.

Read how Photstream works: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4486

1 reply

Is Photostream a back-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.