Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture 3 freezing when adding audio

I'm running Aperture 3.4.5. When I make a slide show with only pictures and video, it continues to work fine. It is only when I add audio to the project, whether it is from my itunes library or preset audio from the program, the program freezes and I cannot continue. I have to force quit to get out of the program and restart. I've tried opening a different library altogether, reinstalling the program, and importing audio directly into the program (drag and drop an mp3 file, which shows up as aperture audio file) and it continues to do the same thing.

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks for the help......

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 9:19 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2013 10:20 AM in response to ap275

What is your MacOS X version? And what is the Slideshow Theme?

For me - with MacOS X 10.8.4 - the slideshows are working fine with audio tracks, only the "Places" theme will take some time to start up, when downloading the maps.

I've tried opening a different library altogether,

If the slideshow works from a different account, try if removing the User Preferences will fix this:

See: Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics, Delete the user preferences

Regards

Léonie

aperture 3 freezing when adding audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.