Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help moving files from one user to another

I am a new Mac user and need some help with transfering files. I used the Migration Assistant to move all my files from my PC to the Mac. I checked the user account from my PC and copied all files associated with that user account to the Mac. I did not realize that would create a user account under the same name on my Mac. Now all of the copied files are under that new user account instead of the main account I already created on the Mac.

Would it be possible/eaiser to just make the new user account that was created my main account and delete my current one, or to move/transfer the files from the new one to the current user account?

I have not set up the current user account to my likes as of yet until I determine which is the better route so losing the current user account would not be of any concern to me. Both accounts are currently set up as administrator accounts with full access.

What would be the best option here?

Thanks!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 11:37 AM

1 reply

Need help moving files from one user to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.