Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I watch movies from itunes to apple tv?

How do I watch movies from itunes to apple tv?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 12:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2013 9:31 AM in response to opsuzie

Hi opsuzie,

You can watch movies you have purchased and downloaded to your computer on your Apple TV if your computer model supports that feature.

Here is portion of the HT1906 article you referenced:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for purchased movies

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1906?viewlocale=en_US

Can I watch downloaded movies on TV? How?

Yes, if you have a widescreen enhanced definition or high definition TV and a network with broadband Internet access, you can use Apple TV to easily view movies from your Mac or PC's iTunes library.

AirPlay Mirroring lets you show exactly what’s on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch screen to everyone in the room.2 Show web pages, games, photos, videos, spreadsheets, class material, and more on your HDTV via Apple TV. Zoom in and out and pause for applause. Rotate from portrait to landscape and your audience sees that, too. AirPlay does it all wirelessly, so you can work the room or sit comfortably among the crowd. If you see it, so can they.

The article below will show you how to setup Airplay Mirroring on your Mac.

Click on the link for details and screenshots:

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

AirPlay Mirroring lets you send what’s on your Mac screen to an HDTV wirelessly with Apple TV.

Requirements for AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

An Apple TV

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software update v5.0 or later. See How to update Apple TV software.

Supported Mac

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion takes advantage of the hardware video encoding capabilities of 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core processors. Hardware video encoding allows AirPlay Mirroring to efficiently deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models have processors that support AirPlay Mirroring:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

Which Mac do I have?

A network

AirPlay Mirroring requires either a Wi-Fi (802.11 a/g/n) connection or an Ethernet connection to the same local network that your Apple TV uses.

Turning AirPlay Mirroring on and off

If your Mac supports AirPlay Mirroring, an AirPlay Mirroring menu extra appears in the menu bar when an Apple TV is on the same network. Turn on mirroring by selecting an Apple TV from the AirPlay Mirroring menu.

Note: The AirPlay Mirroring menu extra icon is blue when AirPlay Mirroring is on

You can also turn it on via System Preferences > Displays

Note: If you don't see AirPlay Mirroring in Displays Preferences, then your Mac model does not support it.

To turn off AirPlay Mirroring, select "Turn Off AirPlay Mirroring" in the AirPlay Mirroring menu extra, or Off in Displays Preferences. You can also press the Menu button on the Apple TV remote to end the current AirPlay Mirroring session.

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

how do I watch movies from itunes to apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.