Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX ML Won't fully download and install

Hey all,

I recently ran into some disk permission / start up errors on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro, so I decided to reinstall OS X. I erased the original installtion using disk utilty and am now prompted to "reinstall mountain lion" when I start up my computer. However, when I install, it will give me an estimated time of around 1 hr and 45 minutes to download the "additional components". The estimated time goes down correclty, but once it reaches the final minutes/seconds, it restarts back at 1 hour and 45 minutes. I went through five iterations of this before just letting it run over night. When I opened up my computer after about 24 hours, I saw a message that said it was not able to download the addtional components and the CD is needed. As I do not have a CD drive, nor the CD, is there anything I can do? Anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 3:11 PM

There are no replies.

OSX ML Won't fully download and install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.