Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages thumbnail display question

A rather curious thing happens every once in a while when I open various Pages docs that are in progress.

On the View icon in the Toolbar I have "Page Thumbnails" checked on these documents. However, for no particular reason, these documents open with reduces size thumbnails and I have to manually expand the thumbnail pane until they're the size I desire. The documents are page layouts and generally contain a combination of text blocks, photographs and other images, and tables.

There doesn't seem to be a prefs option as this is a document-specific parameter. It's annoying as can be and I'd sure like to learn how to make the thumbnail panel remain the same width from one work session to the next.

Pages version 4.3 build 1048 on OSX 10.8.4.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 10GB SDRAM 240GB SSD & 500GB HDD

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 5:03 PM

Tod,

If I were you, I would configure the thumbnails pane the way I like it and File > Save as Template. Using that saved template for your starting point will always give you your favorite thumbnail size.

Jerry

2 replies

Jul 1, 2013 12:35 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerry,

This is one of those "Now why didn't I think of that?" simple yet effective tips. Since my work is generally periodical in nature (monthly reports, newsletters, etc) I have been saving the current month (2013_06 newsletter) as the next month's (2013_07 newsletter) as boilerplate, revising and adding as needed.

I'll start saving as a template and see how that goes.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Tod

Pages thumbnail display question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.