Welcome to the Support Communities!
Your Mom may have integrated her Facebook information on her iPhone - the information below explains how:
You can update your existing contacts with Facebook and Twitter information and photos. Tap Settings > Facebook and Settings > Twitter and then tap Update Contacts. Contacts are matched using email addresses, and contact cards are updated with Facebook and Twitter user names and photos.
Note: Using this feature will replace existing photos with the one your contact is using for Facebook or Twitter.
Sync contacts and calendars
iOS can sync your Facebook contacts and calendars with your device. This feature is off by default, but you can enable it in Settings > Facebook after adding your account.
When you setup an iCloud account - this information will be synchronized between the iPhone and the Mac.
What is iCloud?
iCloud stores your music, photos, apps, contacts, calendars, and more, and wirelessly pushes them to your iOS devices and your computers. iCloud is integrated with your apps, so everything happens automatically.
For example, if you buy a song in iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer, it appears on your iPod touch and iPad. When you snap a photo on your iPhone it’s automatically sent to your iPad. You can start creating a Pages document on your iPhone, and put the finishing touches on it from your iPad. There’s no need to dock your iOS device or sync it to your computer.
Setup iCloud on Mac
1. Make sure your Mac is running OS X 10.7.4 or later
2. Turn on iCloud -- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu on your Mac.
Click iCloud, enter your Apple ID, and select the services you'd like to enable.
3. Enable Photo Stream in iPhoto or Aperture
4. Enable automatic downloads in iTunes
Setup iCloud on your iPhone
- Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS.
- Turn on iCloud -- tap the Settings icon on your Home screen, select iCloud, then enter your Apple ID.
- Customize your settings -- tap the Settings icon and select iCloud. Tap the On/Off switches to enable individual iCloud services.
- To enable iCloud Backup, tap Storage & Backup and turn on iCloud Backup.
- Enable automatic downloads in Store settings. Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen and select iTunes & App Stores
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!