Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exit recovery

I was accidentally entered recovery mode, although I purchased osx 10.8 for some reason when i sign in my apple id it does not allo nothing and just returns to the sign in screen. I would like to just use my computer i didnt mean to enter this and i do not need to reinstall my osx is there a way to bypass this screen and go back to my normal functions?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 11:24 PM

You can exit this mode by choosing "Restart" from the Apple menu. If the system keeps on going to this mode, then choose "Startup Disk" from the Apple menu and select your normal boot disk (it should have your OS version listed next to its name). After doing this, click the restart button, and you should be good to go.

If the system still goes to recovery mode, then you may need to use the OS reinstall option to make the hard drive bootable again. This will not affect your installed programs, data, and settings, and will only replace the operating system software underneath everything.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2013 11:24 PM in response to saborit

You can exit this mode by choosing "Restart" from the Apple menu. If the system keeps on going to this mode, then choose "Startup Disk" from the Apple menu and select your normal boot disk (it should have your OS version listed next to its name). After doing this, click the restart button, and you should be good to go.

If the system still goes to recovery mode, then you may need to use the OS reinstall option to make the hard drive bootable again. This will not affect your installed programs, data, and settings, and will only replace the operating system software underneath everything.

exit recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.