Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple devices for one library

How do you get a second device onto your library? Will I have to set up my new ipod differently?

iPod touch, (maybe)

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 7:20 PM

3 replies

Mar 23, 2014 3:04 AM in response to sylvie13

Hi Sylvie. Just come onto this forum because I was having the same issue with my new ipad, wanting to get the same library from my iPad onto the new device, but finding it was syncing apps but not the library - so incredibly frustrating!

But I just worked out how to do this and am so surprised this solution isn't so easily found in Apple's support - once you know how it's so simple!

1) Connect up your new device. It'll probably sync in the same way as before.

2) Click on your device in the left column of iTunes. It'll bring up the info for your device under the "Summary" heading

3) Scroll to the bottom of the screen. At the bottom of the lowest box ("Options") just above the "Reset Warnings" button is an option marked "Manually manage music and videos" which appears to be checked by default. CLICK ON THE CHECK BOX TO UNTICK IT - there's the key!

4) Re-sync your device. (If you want to do this without unplugging and plugging back in go to tbe file tab top left of iTunes, move the mouse down to devices and click on the top option Sync.

Voila! As I type this iTunes is currently halfway through transferring the library to my new device! Hope this helps. I'm typing this hot off the press as I was so frustrated not to have been shown this and now I'm just so happy to have found the solution to be so simple!

multiple devices for one library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.