Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostreams from Aperture working with one iPad, not another

I've been created a Photostream in Aperture and while it appears in my iPad 3, it does not appear in my other iPad 2 (model A1219). I've verfied that Photostream is set to ON, and the software is up to date. I also notice that in Settings>General>iTunes WiFi Sync, the "Sync Now" button is greyed out, even though my iMac is on, and the wireless network is working fine. Any ideas? I've attached a couple of screen shots of iTunes so you can see what's enabled. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 4:52 AM

10 replies

Jul 1, 2013 5:19 AM in response to ScotO

Have you tried to connect your iPad 2 to a power source? Does that enable the "Sync now" button?

Also the photo stream will only sync with the iPad, if the battery is not low. The sync will be postponed, until the battery is charged again.

And I nearly forgot - is iTunes running on your mac, when you are trying to sync? You are only saying "My Mac is on"- iTunes has to be running.

Jul 1, 2013 7:55 PM in response to léonie

I'm not sure what the difference is between a regular an shared photo stream. Within Aperture, I have a collection of photos. I selected all of them (in this cae, about 60), and clicked the Photostream icon. A minute later, they appeared on my iPa 3, but not the older one. So I'm not sure if this is a regular or shared photo stream. Thanks for your help, by the way.

Jul 2, 2013 4:39 AM in response to ScotO

I'm not sure what the difference is between a regular an shared photo stream. Within Aperture, I have a collection of photos. I selected all of them (in this cae, about 60), and clicked the Photostream icon.

When you click the "PhotoStream icon in the Toolbar, you should see this:

User uploaded file

Have you used the default "My Photo Stream" or selected to create a new stream? A new stream would be a Shared Photo Stream and not available on IOS 5.1 devices.

Otherwise I am running out of ideas, sorry.

Léonie

Photostreams from Aperture working with one iPad, not another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.