Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share songs without duplicating music files.

Our music is in a shared network folder which is a disorganized mess. My laptop iTunes has all the songs well organized and I synch it to my 150gb iPod. My wife would only like a small portion of the songs on her smaller iPod, but since the shared music folder is disorganized, it's impossible to find the music she wants from there. When I drag songs from my iTunes to hers, the music file (m4a, mp3) is copied to her laptop or duplicated on the shared drive. How can I drag songs from my iTunes to hers without duplicating the music files? Basically, I'd like to drag just the "pointers" from my well-organized iTunes to hers so she can synch her iPod with only her selections. Thanks!

Other OS, Windows 7 and Windows 8

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 8:23 AM

There are no replies.

Share songs without duplicating music files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.