Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

freestockcharts in firefox

hi,

i tried to access freestockcharts.com on firefox and it asked me install the silverlight plugin, so i did and restarted firefox and eventually the entire machine but it still asks me install silverlight plugin in order to use freestockcharts. i am not sure what am i doing wrong in the installation...

Do i need to install an older version of silverlight for this website? Please let me know.

mbp retina

os x 10.8.4

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 2:03 PM

This is the MacBook Pro forum. Firefox is a third party application. In any case installing the latest version of the silverlight plug in will enable Firefox to display the freestockcharts.com web site properly. Your further questions should be addressed to the FF developer.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2013 2:03 PM in response to kunal227

This is the MacBook Pro forum. Firefox is a third party application. In any case installing the latest version of the silverlight plug in will enable Firefox to display the freestockcharts.com web site properly. Your further questions should be addressed to the FF developer.

Jul 1, 2013 3:16 PM in response to kunal227

kunal227 wrote:

... it asked me install the silverlight plugin, so i did and restarted firefox and eventually the entire machine but it still asks me install silverlight plugin in order to use freestockcharts. i am not sure what am i doing wrong in the installation...

I don't know which version of Firefox you're using but have you checked "Add-Ons" in the Tools Menu? Silverlight should appear in the Plugins section once it's installed. If it's there, check to see if it's enabled. If it is, the button will say Disable. If it's not, the button will say Enable; it that case, click the Enable button.

In addition, Microsoft has a Support article which may offer you some additional advice.

Jul 2, 2013 7:01 AM in response to FatMac-MacPro

ok here is my findings. I did some google searching and learned how to uninstall the plugin completely from the library on a mac os and then re-installed it just to make sure that I did not do anything wrong in the first install. But it still did not work and when I open the add-ons page on firefox.. it does not even show the plug-in listed in the my add-ons tab (yes I had restarted).

But here is the catch: I tried to run the same website and also netflix movies on safari and google chrome and both the browsers ran it fine. It just does not run on firefox.

so as per SIG's advice I checked with firefox support and found a list of plug-ins that firefox is blocking and silverlight 5.1 is one of them. So I get the picture now that firefox is actually blocking it due to some instability issues i think..

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/

Jul 2, 2013 10:36 AM in response to kunal227

kunal227 wrote:

... i was looking at the extensions and not add-ons by mistake. but by default the silverlight plugin was disabled in firefox...

I had mentioned that check initially because I'd installed an add-on to Firefox a couple of days before which didn't seem to be working either, and found that it had started out as disabled after installation. I've been using Firefox, and SeaMonkey before that, for a decade, but disabling anything at install was something new.

freestockcharts in firefox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.