Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delicious Library 3, open a movie

Hi everybody, i have found this script on the internet and he didn't work. I have modified the script and now i have this problem :

error "Erreur dans Delicious Library 3 : Il est impossible d’obtenir selection." number -1728 from selection

How can I resolve that ?

tell first document of application "Delicious Library 3"
          set selectedMedia to selection
          repeat with selectedMedium in selectedMedia
                    set movieUrl to associatedURL of selectedMedium

if movieUrl starts with "file://" then
                              set movieFile to richtext thru end of movieUrl
                    else
                              set movieFile to (choose file with prompt "Find the file for" & name of selectedMedium & ":")
                              set associatedURL of selectedMedium to "file://" & movieFile
                    end if

tell application "VLC"
  activate
  open movieFile
                    end tell
          end repeat
end tell

I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.4

Thanks, MrTehes.

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 7:34 PM

From what I can see, Delicious Library 3 is not scriptable (which seems like an odd omision... Delicious Monster..? )

If that's the case then you can't use AppleScript commands like 'selection', and you can't extract metadata such as URLs of the media. That's going to make it really hard to achieve your goal here.

I suggest a question send to Delicious Monster asking them where AppleScript support has gone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2013 7:34 PM in response to MrTehes

From what I can see, Delicious Library 3 is not scriptable (which seems like an odd omision... Delicious Monster..? )

If that's the case then you can't use AppleScript commands like 'selection', and you can't extract metadata such as URLs of the media. That's going to make it really hard to achieve your goal here.

I suggest a question send to Delicious Monster asking them where AppleScript support has gone.

Delicious Library 3, open a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.