Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"There is a problem with your iPhone" Help!

Hey there!

So I have a an iPhone 3gs and I recently just got an unlocked iPhone 4 off ebay. I recieved it today and after turning it on, selecting my language and contury, it asked me to connect it to iTunes. That's when I get the message in iTunes: "There is a problem with you iPhone".

I tired restoring it to the newest firware (6.1.3), but afterwards I got the same message again. I tried switiching USB ports, using a different chord, and even connecting it to iTunes with my buddy's computer.

I understand the message says to take it to the apple store, but the phone is suppose to be unlocked, and all Apple will try is to activate it with a carrier (T-Mobile, AT&T, etc.)

Does anyone know a fix to this problem without going to the Apple Store? Thanks!

- Ale47099

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 2:26 PM

7 replies

Aug 28, 2013 11:14 PM in response to Ale47099

hi, turn off your iphone

connect it to your computer with itunes on

press and hold power button+cancel button together, (the round one at the bottom together )

Until you see itunes symbol and let it go

then it will come up on your itunes saying that your iphone has been found in restore mode

then you can restore it and make it work again

cheers

Dec 13, 2013 1:12 AM in response to Ale47099

I have exactly same problem. I replaced the battery and then put the phone back. It came back saying it needs to be restored. I restored and then at the end of restore I am getting message "there is a problem with your iphone. I had gotten my 3gs factory unlocked from ATT week ago.

Please Please help. Need my phone desperately. I have tried putting phone in recovery mode several times but same results.

May 16, 2014 5:17 AM in response to Ale47099

Had to replace my battery, then went through restore etc and eventually ended up with iTunes telling me that there was a problem with my iPhone 3GS. ITunes had said that the restore was successful so I dismantled the phone again, removing everything as per batterty replacement but left the battery in situe. VERY carefully replaced everything again paying particular attention to connections. Connected to iTunes and restored again and now its working fine. Took 3 days of fiddling with before it came up though!

"There is a problem with your iPhone" Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.