Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old computer died completely and unexpectedly. How can I retrieve all the stuff I previously purchased on itunes?

My old laptop died unexpectedly. I had clicked on back up my iTunes to the iCloud but now I cannot access any of my music or anything else I purchased in iTunes in the past. Help! I do have everything on my very old iPod. How do I get it all back on the iCloud or my new laptop?

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 5:09 PM

6 replies

Jul 3, 2013 2:16 PM in response to Kappy

Of course I looked at that first. But it wants you to retrieve things from your the original device that the media was purchased on and that device is totatlly dead. When I log on to my iCloud account nothing is there even though I checked in my settings for both the laptop and my iPhone to back eveything up to the cloud. I am so frustrated as I have lost years of music purchases. Is there a way to transfer everything from my old iPod back onto my computer? Why is my icloud account devoid of everything?

My old computer died completely and unexpectedly. How can I retrieve all the stuff I previously purchased on itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.