Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete Outlook invite on iPhone

Here's the problem: Can't delete an event on my calendar on my iPhone

Here's who's involved: Mac using OS 10.8.4; iPhone 5 using iOS 6.1.4; iPad (4th Gen) using iOS 6.1.3; Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac

Here's the background: I received an Outlook calendar invite and accepted via Outlook. The event appeared in both Outlook and on my iPhone, iPad, and my calendar on my Mac (they're all synced). I changed the calendar event on my Mac (basically changing the "calendar" from one color/title to another). Now I can't delete it from my iPhone or iPad. I can (and have) delete it from my Outlook calendar and the calendar on my Mac though. There is no option to "edit" the event, thus no option to delete. I've tried turning off the calendars for both the synced Outlook and iCloud - no help. When I turn those calendars on, it keeps reappearing. It seems to be a permanant part of my iCloud calendar, but just on my iPhone and iPad. Any help would be very much appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 7:25 PM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2013 6:42 AM in response to Howe7032

Hey Howe7032,

Since you're experiencing issues specifically on your iOS devices, I'd give the following steps a try and see if any of them resolve the issue.

• If recent changes simply don't appear in Calendar, try forcing a refresh by tapping Calendars in the top-left corner of Calendar to load the Calendars list. Then, tap the Refresh button in the lower-left corner of the Calendars list window.
  • Quit and restart the Calendar app on your iOS device:
    1. Press the Home button.
    2. Double-press the Home button to open the multitasking menu.
    3. Tap and hold the Calendar icon until it jiggles.
    4. Tap the "X" to remove it from the list.
    5. Press the Home button to get back to your Home screen. Wait a minute before reopening the Calendar app.
  • Restart your iOS device by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and then swiping the screen when prompted to Turn Off. This may sound simple, but it does reinitialize your network and application settings and can frequently resolve issues.
  • Change the Sync settings for your calendars:
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Scroll down to the bottom.
    3. Tap Calendars > Sync.
    4. If sync is set to All Events, set it to a specific duration, such as Events 1 Month Back. If it's set to a specific duration, set to All Events.
    5. Wait several minutes and try Refreshing Calendar again.
  • Turn iCloud Calendar off and back on:
    1. Tap Settings > iCloud.
    2. Tap the Calendar slider off. Choose to delete data only if your data exists at icloud.com/calendar and/or one or more of your computers. Otherwise choose Keep Data.
    3. Wait a few minutes before turning the Calendar slider back on.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3999

Have a good one,

David

Aug 7, 2013 1:28 PM in response to Delgadoh

The above didn't work for me.... so - perhaps my next option is to do what Howe7032 did and see if that works?

The invite I sent from my work Outlook email to my personal Gmail and accepted on my iPhone 4 has been moved, canceled, and accepted several times - each still appearing on the iPhone. Very frustrating indeed! Any other suggestions?

Cannot delete Outlook invite on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.