Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport utility doesn't show the correct information

Hi - I am trying to get Airport Utility to work on my iMac (3.4 GHz Intel core i7, OS 10.8.4) but it does not show the correct information about my network. On my iMac, the utility consistently shows my Airport extreme and three Airport express as "Device Not Found". Yet the data suggests that is not correct: 1) Airport Utility on my older Macbook Pro shows all that all the devices are running fine; 2) Airport Utility on my iPhone shows that all the devices are working; 3) all the airport devices are showing green lights; 4) the wifi internet on my iMac works fine through my Airport Extreme; and 5) my music utility, Airfoil, routinely connects to all my airport express devices without a problem.

The only problem then is the Airport Utility on my iMac. How do I fix it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 12:13 AM

If you are using 6.3 airport utility you must use ipv6 local link connection..

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4597

8 replies

Aug 9, 2016 10:34 AM in response to wjackman

I have the same issue. I cannot get my rMBP to correctly recognize the network. I have tried everything. It's working fine mind you. The two Airport Extreme's that extend a network are displayed with yellow triangles with the message "Device Not Found". The device has the green light and is working properly. Very frustrating. What is happening to Apple's software!?!?

Aug 10, 2016 12:01 PM in response to wjackman

There are some issues in the past day or so (perhaps longer) about Airport Utility not correctly finding devices which are connected or extending networks which have Apple IDs entered on Airport devices (Extreme & Express). You might be seeing something like that.

You might do a search on an issue I posted this morning: "Multiple Airport devices with Apple IDs disappear from shared devices and Airport Configuration software" See if that might be related?

Aug 14, 2016 4:53 AM in response to Bruce Kieffer

I solved my issues yesterday. I have 3 Airport Extremes and 1 Airport Express. The Extremes are connected by cables and the Express connects wirelessly. My mistake was "Extending" the Extremes rather than putting them in bridge mode and giving them the same SSID/Password as the hub Extreme. The Express is setup to extend the network because it has no choice in that it's wireless.

Airport utility doesn't show the correct information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.