Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple earpods with remote and mic wont work?

I jut bought new Apple earpods with remote and mic but the controls wont work with my iPod touch 5th gen, I tried them with my brothers 4th gen iPod touch and they worked perfect. What can I do to fix this problem?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 5:18 AM

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack orother hardware problem. If the iPod is defective and not abused Apple will exchange it at not cost.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2013 5:18 AM in response to Cheezmy

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack orother hardware problem. If the iPod is defective and not abused Apple will exchange it at not cost.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My Apple earpods with remote and mic wont work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.