Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Wedge Mouse on MBA running Windows 8

Hi,

I have Windows 8 running on my Macbook Air using bootcamp. Everything is working fine but I bought this Microsoft Wedge mouse which is for Surface. I tried to connect with MBA and it works fine in Mac but in bootcamp-Windows 8, I tried many times, different drivers but its not working. Windows detects the mouse in bluetooth panel but could not pair it. Just message "That didn't work, make sure the device is still discoverable".

Anyone who can help in this...Thanks.

MacBook Air, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 12:02 PM

I have no experience with the wedge mouse but perhaps this might help.

I have a Magic Trackpad which paired itself to my MacBook when I wanted it paired to my Windows Machine.

I solved the the issue by unpairing it from the Mac.

I next removed the batteries from the Trackpad.

I restarted the Windows Machine running Windows 8.

I reinstalled the batteries in the Trackpad and then I was able to pair the Trackpad to the Windows Machine easily.

The Windows Machine is not a Mac and obviously isn't running under Bootcamp but it might be worth a try.

Please advise us if you succeed in pairing it to Windows 8 after reinstalling the batteries.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2013 12:02 PM in response to waqsid

I have no experience with the wedge mouse but perhaps this might help.

I have a Magic Trackpad which paired itself to my MacBook when I wanted it paired to my Windows Machine.

I solved the the issue by unpairing it from the Mac.

I next removed the batteries from the Trackpad.

I restarted the Windows Machine running Windows 8.

I reinstalled the batteries in the Trackpad and then I was able to pair the Trackpad to the Windows Machine easily.

The Windows Machine is not a Mac and obviously isn't running under Bootcamp but it might be worth a try.

Please advise us if you succeed in pairing it to Windows 8 after reinstalling the batteries.

Oct 28, 2013 1:52 AM in response to rtheb

Thanks that worked too! I unpaired the wedge mouse on the OS X Mavericks side. I removed the batteries. I booted back into Windows 8.1, inserted the batteries, hit the bluetooth button on the button until it glows, and succesfully added it via Manage Bluetoothe Devices.

Before the above, I had the same "That didn't work, make sure the device is still discoverable".

Late Model 2012, Mac Mini i7 has a Windows 8.1 Media Center CableCard DVR

MS Wedge Mouse on MBA running Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.