Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what's flash storage means?

what's flash storage means, is it storing my data online if i don't have internet i couldn't to access to my data!!???

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 3:05 AM

12 replies

Jul 2, 2013 3:10 AM in response to AhmedAlNabil

Flash storage is in the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display. It's a SSD without the enclosure, getting the same speed as with the SSD but in less space. This doesn't mean that your files are stored in Internet.

A SSD is a hard drive like the ones you can find in any PC or Mac but without mechanical parts, getting a better speed and with less risk of damaging your drive

Jul 2, 2013 6:05 AM in response to AhmedAlNabil

AhmedAlNabil wrote:

is it storing my data online if i don't have internet i couldn't to access to my data!!???

No, it's storing your data on the computer.

However the only method to 100% remove sensitive data off a Solid State Drive is to grind it into a fine powder (NSA guidelines) and if the SSD is soldiered to the logicboard, then that will also have to go into the grinder.

The logicboard is basically your entire computer inner workings and in the case of devices like iPads/iPhones/USB drives etc which it's all sealed up, the entire device has to go into the grinder.

Computers with 100% traditional hard drives (not "Fusion" or "Hybrid") can still be scrubbed of unwanted data.

Jul 4, 2013 12:23 AM in response to AhmedAlNabil

Flash storage is more expensive than a hard drive. They replaced a hard drive by flash storage because there's no space inside the MacBook Pro with Retina display to put the hard drive.

If there isn't enough flash storage, you can buy an external drive and save the data there, or you can order the MacBook Pro with Retina display with more flash storage

what's flash storage means?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.