Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Apple come up with passcodes on certain apps?

It really gets on my nerves that you cannot lock certain features like Messeges and Photos without jailbreaking. I could do this on my Motarola like 2007.

When someone grabs my phone I want to be comfortible with that knowing he cannot access anything personal.

What do you guys think about this, am I being a little girl here?

iPhone 5, How to lock messages iphone.

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 3:47 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2013 7:05 AM in response to ArniSt1

No one here knows anything about what Apple might do in future versions of iOS. As of right now, except for those apps that can be turned off in the Restrictions, apps cannot be passcoded other than third-party apps whose developer has included such a feature, as is possible with some photo apps, for instance. The only other option is, as killhippie said, the screenlock passcode. You can comment to Apple on the matter, if you wish:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

It may be a wise policy to just not keep potentially embarassing content on your iPhone or any other highly mobile device.

Regards.

When will Apple come up with passcodes on certain apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.