Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app in my app store updates that i did not purchase or download. ?

PLEASE HELP

i went into my app store (macbook) and proceded to update my updates. and i have found an app that i have never downloaded or purchased

i go into this app in the store and it shoes i do not have it (the price is still on the purchase label). when i press update, there is a very foreign email request and i have never had anyone else log into my computer, nor my itunes account.

my question is how do i get this app out of my updates?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 3:31 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2013 9:48 AM in response to aaronphoto

You installed a hacked application, originally from the Mac App Store. It contains the receipt for a different application, downloaded from another account. You need to identify and remove the hacked application.

Triple-click the line of text below to select it:

kMDItemAppStoreHasReceipt=1

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C).

In the Finder, press the key combination command-F to open a search window, or select

File Find

from the menu bar. In the search window, select

Search: This Mac

from the row of tokens below the toolbar. Below that is a popup menu initially showing Kind. From that menu, select Other...

A sheet will drop down. In that sheet, select Raw Query and click OK or press return.

Now there will be a text box to the right of popup menu. Click in that box and paste (command-V).

The search window will show all the App Store products you've installed. Compare those search results with the list of your purchases from the App Store. To see the complete list, you may need to unhide hidden purchases. If any applications were download from the App Store using other Apple ID accounts that you know of, sign in to the store under each of those ID's and check the purchases.

If any of the items listed in the search window are not listed among your purchases in the App Store, move them to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Empty the Trash.

app in my app store updates that i did not purchase or download. ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.