Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3

Can anyone tell me how to define the desired finished size of a lighttable in Aperture 3?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), + 2 iphones and ipad

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 6:32 AM

10 replies

Jul 2, 2013 7:00 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thought that might appear a bit vague after the event. What I am looking for is the ability to define a finished size - in this case 16" x 12" - and have that clearly shown on the light table so that I can work within it.

Presently I can only find the grid (which isn't given a value) so I have little idea of the finished size of anything I am working on. I am trying to put together a compliation of photos for a memento presentation.

Jul 2, 2013 7:27 AM in response to léonie

Thanks Leonie. Unfortunately the photo sizes do not fit comfortably all being the same. They are old photos of varying quality and bringing them all to the same size would make some very pixillated and others too small to be useful.

All I am trying to do is to finish up with a montage/compilation of the size stated. My last two efforts have been too wide and then too shallow (top to bottom). Regrettably it is the sort of thing which was standard in Microsoft, but the switch to Aopple is obviously still giving me hassle!

Jul 2, 2013 7:39 AM in response to ashleyrey

Unfortunately the photo sizes do not fit comfortably all being the same.

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that you should size the photos to the same size on the grid. Use the grid to show you the boundaries you were asking about.

Enable the grid, and use multiples of 4 and 3 grid cells to indicate the boundaries of a 16x12 inches paper. 4x3 cells, 8x6 cells, 16x12 cells etc.

Arrange your images freely within these boundaries and then print the layout on 16x12 inches paper.

Jul 2, 2013 7:56 AM in response to ashleyrey

I don;t use light tables much myself but it sounds to me like you are trying to use them for something they wern't really intended for.

Léonie's idea might work for you but if it doesn't you might bebetter of exporting the images from Aperture and using a collage creating app.

It might be possible to do this in Preview, especially if it is a one time thing. If you'll be doing this often you might want to lookin into something like CollageIt Free

Aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.