Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup utility won't close

Lately, when I try to Backup my files using the Backup utility, the archive won't close at the end of the process. It gets stuck there, and I end up having to Force Quit to even shut down the computer. It happens with all the plans. I've attached a screen shot. It is stuck closing the backup for my Personal Data & Settings. How do I fix this issue? Thanks.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 4:49 AM

Which destination you tring to back up.

May just force quit and back up again.

4 replies

Jul 2, 2013 9:50 AM in response to Thebestplacehere

This is a good question. I am backing up to an external drive. I have already tried to Force Quit and start over. The problem always comes in closing the backup. If it has reached that stage, Force Quit is the only way to stop. I cannot stop that individual plan by clicking on the X, nor can I Quit the application normally. I can't even shut down the computer until I have used Force Quit to exit BackUp.

I am going to try to delete all existing backups on that drive. If that doesn't work, I am going to try using another drive. I'll let you know what happens.

Backup utility won't close

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.