Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I send a file as an attachment?

Good Afternoon, not sure if this is the right forum but cant find an applicable one so here goes.

I have been trying to send a design to a company by email but when I attach it it shows up in the email as the design rather than as a file. i.e. the picture appears in the message. The recipient needs the file so he can process my design but no matter what I do it still appears as the actual design in the email and not the file attachment. Anyone help please.

Wilf

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), iMac 11,1 Intel Core i5. 2.66GHz

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 8:13 AM

From your description I assume you the file is a PDF or graphic file. Mail by defaults shows these as an inline documument so they can be viewed by the receiver. It normally doesn't affect receipt of the file. However if you right click on the picture in Mail (control click for old mice) you'll get a contextual menu and one of the options will be "View as icon"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2013 8:13 AM in response to wilfredfromcastleford

From your description I assume you the file is a PDF or graphic file. Mail by defaults shows these as an inline documument so they can be viewed by the receiver. It normally doesn't affect receipt of the file. However if you right click on the picture in Mail (control click for old mice) you'll get a contextual menu and one of the options will be "View as icon"

How can I send a file as an attachment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.