Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with emails being returned

There are a few clients that I email and I know their addresses are valid but I receive a "delivery has failed" message every time I send them an email. If I send it from my iPhone, it goes through fine. When I send from my iMac, it gets returned. Here is a portion of the return message that may/may not help.

Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred

Diagnostic code: smtp;554 Denied [fd9e2d15.0.510675.00-2299.781357.p01c12m003.mxlogic.net] (Mode: normal)

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 8:18 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2013 10:07 AM in response to dmoberly

Hi @dmoberly,

@LincDavis most likely is on the right path, this being a spam related issue, but the 554 error message you received can have many meanings. As you can see on this page, the 554 error can be associated with numerous types of issues:

554 Invalid recipient (BAD EMAIL ADDRESS)

554 rejected due to spam content (SPAM RELATED ISSUE)

554 Malformed mail denied!

I know this thread is a little over a week old, but I wanted to touch base and find out if you ever found a solution? I'd like to update my documentation on 554 errors, and knowing the issue you had behind "554 Denied" will be helpful.

Thanks!

- Brad

Help with emails being returned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.