Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air hdmi display not detected

Hi, my 2011 Macbook is not detecting my hdmi display - the screen flashes blue briefly but no display is detected in system preferences or anywhere else.

Any ideas?

+I am using a mini display port to hdmi adapter with the thunderbolt output and I've tried rebooting with display plugged in and my osx is 10.7.5 Lion.

Any help appreciated

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), thunderbolt to hdmi

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 9:52 AM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2014 2:21 PM in response to stevelavv

Actually I fixed it in the end by getting a new cable, it turned out that for whatever reason my cable was not up to the job.\

I found that a cheap £5 one piece thunderbolt male to hdmi male cable off ebay did the job well and it was my two piece - thunderbolt male to hdmi female attached to a standard HDMI to HDMI cable which caused the problem.

Seems like HDMI can be quite fussy and either it works or it does nothing, no in between.

So my fancy mac now works great with my cheapo alba hdmi tv i paid £25 for and carries both sound and video!

(I don't think I'll go back to windows if I can help it, not after using a mac. Once you've had a mac you realise what a pain in the a*s windows is .. I hardly ever feel like punching my mac )

Macbook Air hdmi display not detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.