Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tip/Suggestion for Grammar Check

Hmm this will be similar to my Tip/Suggestion referring to Dashboard's Dictionary.

I've noticed that the Spelling/Grammar Check doesn't seem to catch those most simplest errors in my Grammar.

My Tip/Suggestion....Hire an Assistant and have that life saving Assistant to Proofread everything. There isn't anything in OSX 10.8.4 that seems to point out what I need to correct. As a Writer, no egg on my face should exist. There are those quirks that slip through the Checking Process.

Oh you have noticed that to....

Yes, this is silly but so important when one is a writer and seeking a position as a Lecturer at an Up-Scale University, (Community College of Course is nice too). Yes, please, this humbles me again.😐

Now, can you find the Grammar flail that I put in this statement that the Grammar check over looked....Hint: I bet you "to" have made this simple Grammar Error.😉

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), getting pretty good with iCloud

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 11:31 AM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2013 12:06 PM in response to ysureican

OOOPs did you say "flail" was misspelled. Yes, you didn't use spell check. I could have used the word flaiel or velgel but gosh no one uses those words any more, Uh.., The answer to the above is in the sentence, "Oh you have noticed that to". There is a coma missing after Oh...it should be "Oh," And the word "to" should be too. I'm sure everyone got a laugh out of my silliness in the statements [or at least I hope]. By- the- way, if I ended this silliness of a sentence in so would not be the best too.

Message was edited by: ysureican

Jul 2, 2013 12:25 PM in response to ysureican

Text-to-speech is an amazingly powerful proofreader. Hearing your text read aloud by an objective reader can catch many errors that are often invisible to your own eyes. Your know what you meant to say, and your brain corrects it. But hearing the voice reads whats actually there… It will catch missing words, repeated words, awkward phrasing, and many other minor goofs.

Jul 2, 2013 1:36 PM in response to ysureican

Ummm,

Oh you have noticed that to

Whilst the comma should be present as you state the sentence itself is unfinished in the original.

"Oh, you notice that to dig a complete hole you have to shovel stuff"

Would also be correct.

User uploaded file
9:36 PM Tuesday; July 2, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.4)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Jul 6, 2013 4:43 AM in response to Jeffrey Jones2

Hello Jeffery,

I'm glad so many individuals are having fun with my silliness. My next pun was going to be on Diction. Now after some thought, you come first on my daily agenda, please Jeffery.

Yes, you know I really like your thought congruency in intelligence. Now why haven't I thought about that as a positive tool in my diligences in spoof making and in more serious endeavors i.e. my book that I'm writing plus that never ending "Paper Chase" for my PhD. Thank You Jeffery, I will most definitely adhere to your astute advise.

Authored Statements: ysureican.____

Jul 6, 2013 4:53 AM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

What does your statement mean as seen below in the last sentence of this Post, please? I know I am rather literate but in "ALL" topics doesn't apply to me.

Would you be so kind as to explain at your convience? With Thanks.

Authored Statement: ysureican.____

The request is stated in regards to the below light grey wording as Popsted by Ralph Jones (UK)

Message was edited by: ysureican

Jul 6, 2013 10:57 AM in response to ysureican

Hi,

I post mainly in the iChat Community and in Lion and Mountain Lion in threads that use the Messages (app) filter.

As this thread fits that profile I "popsted".

Having read it I commented and of course added my regular Sig pic and block.

The line is question refers to people posting Communication Error Logs from iChat and or Messages.

An example split up and with comments (but no Binary Images) You can scroll through this just to get an idea.

At this point the Binary Images tell us nothing.

It is part of the text I keep in TextExapnder that is added to the Post when I add my Sig.

One more thing.

User uploaded file

My name is on each my posts and can be Copied and Pasted if you are not sure on spelling. 😉

I know I should be over this sort of irritation by now but I am not. 😢

User uploaded file
6:57 PM Saturday; July 6, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.4)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Tip/Suggestion for Grammar Check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.