Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (mid 2011) doesn't detect second display after update to 10.8.4

I use a NEC MultiSync PA271W connected to an iMac (mid 2011) via minidisplay port. I got the monitor about 5 months ago and had absolutley no problem until today and after I updated mac os x to 10.8.4. all of the sudden my NEC display cannot be detected by my mac os and I get "Display Port no signal"!! I went through all mac forums and tried pretty much every solution I came up with. including unpluging the iMac and monitor, ctrl+shift eject, etc. none of them worked!! the strange thing is from time to time the second monitor get detected by mac os and then after couple of minutes, without me doing anything, it the monitor starts flickring and when I turn it off and on again the picture is gone again!! It's so fraustaring considering I am using the original NEC Display to minidisplay cable and everything was just fine until today.

I appreciate and helps from you guys.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 1:09 PM

2 replies

iMac (mid 2011) doesn't detect second display after update to 10.8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.